Today was my first day back with BWC, and man was it a great day! The boys walked in and asked Mary and I where we had been. They looked excited to see us, which is always a great thing. Mr. Tilley had to go to a meeting today, but brought in Mrs. Lyman to fill in his place. Mary did a great job VTSing, as usual. She picked a great image, one of William Wegman's photos of his weimaraner's wrapping gifts. The boys really enjoyed this photo. One student, Russell, actually picked up on how Wegman took his photos. He described the scene to be set with a full person and a full dog. That the human was telling the dog what to do, and could see through the shirt. I was be hind the iPad with the most excited expression that one of the got it! I was so proud. The rest of the group didn't catch up to his idea, they all either thought it was half dog/half human, or just a dog mask.
After the great VTS session Mary showed one of Wegman's videos "The Hardly Boys". I was impressed that some of the boys had read the Hardy Boys and knew what the clip was referencing. I am always impressed with what these boys know, and what they can show me. Once the activity was explained, the boys were ready to get started. I believe that they all loved the activity; they were to cut out animal heads, and put them on human bodies. And find whatever else they felt went along with their image. Jameson had a particularly good time, and said that this project was fun, and gave him interesting ways to work. He ended up making a collage of a few things which were all connected by an interesting narrative. I hope he can remember it for next week, if not I'll give him a little help. There was something with a vortex, can't go wrong with space travel.
The rest of the boys worked really well, and seemed to be having a good day. Even with Mr. Tilley gone, they behaved really well, listened to instruction cleaned up the room with no fuss.
It was a great first day back. Can't wait to see what they come up wit next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment